Hope all is well, for you.

Friday 8 January 2010

Not an average Joe.

It really is a general concensus that Gino Iannucci has one of the most flawless and finessful styles to grace street skateboarding. Below is just one of his awe inspiring video parts from 101's "Snuff" relesed sometime in 1993, which I think most of you will agree is pretty much unfuckwithable.



What annoys me, is that if you ask one of the kids that skate day in and day out at the bus station if they know of someone called Gino Iannucci. They either say no straight up, which to me is fucking unbelievable, or like one of them said to me "Yeah, I saw him on The Berrics but he weren't skating. Who is he?" It's makes me think that all they care about is this new generation of new professional robot skateboarders which are appearing everywhere, which I agree some of which are an absolute fucking joke and are no doubt the future of skateboarding. Personaly I find it hard to watch most of these young kids that are absolutely killing it though, because they all have the same style. There's not alot of indviduality left in skateboarding these days. I can however think of a few names of the top of my head that I think are doing there own their own thing and really do deserve the praise they get. Guys like Grant Taylor, Justin Brock, Jake Johnson, Marquis Preston and even Alex Olson along with quite a few others are really doing their own shit, which i really like to see.

Basically there is not alot that I love more than 90's skateboard videos. So when I get lazy and have nothing to talk about or no pictures to post (which will probably be alot) I'm just gunna be posting some part from my favourite people to watch on a skateboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment